Lummus Park was one of Miami’s first open parks during its development in 1909. Its lands were previously under the name of Model Land Company, owned by Henry Flagler before it underwent developments.
Since its creation, the area had many improvements including several buildings from the 1920s that are still standing today such as Miami’s old Scottish Rite Temple, Trinity CME Church, Fort Dallas and William Wagner House. In 2006, the historic enclave became part of the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
Lummus Park belongs to some of the last remaining residential neighborhoods that are near Downtown Miami, as some of the surrounding neighborhoods of the financial district were consumed by commerce.
Miami International Airport is only 17 minutes away from the neighborhood by car, while American Airlines Arena is only 12 minutes away.